Electronic & Electrical Engineering Manager - Digital Signage ProductsLocation: Hayes, Middlesex
Date Posted: 10-06-2021
Trueform are a leading designers and manufacturers of smart city street furniture and electronic digital signage. An opportunity exists for an Electronic & Electrical Engineering Manager to join the Trueform team.
Essential to this role is a solid foundation in electrical/electronic, IT and comms skills, an excellent aptitude for problem solving together with experience in LCD and LED displays and technology.
The Electronics / Electrical Engineering Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Electrical and Electronic components of the Trueform Digital product range throughout the product life cycle, working closely with the Mechanical Engineers to design and deliver the current and future product development and technology roadmap for the business.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Working closely with the Senior Management team the Electronic Engineering Manager will take full responsibility for the design development and delivery of all Electrical & Electronic aspects of the Product and Technology Roadmap for the business.
• Maintain an up-to-date awareness of current and future Display Technologies.
• Develop value Engineered products at the outset evaluating quality vs cost and design for manufacture.
• After Sales Customer support providing rapid assessment and diagnostics of product faults and liaising with client on resolution.
• Fully support Sales and Production with Technical solution, Cost inputs and full documentation package including BOM’s, Build instructions and O&M manuals.
• Manage prototype and trial builds.
• Lead the Product Approval process, liaising with external Approval Authorities e.g. BSI, UL, CSA, CE ensuring all products meet legislative and customer specific requirements.
• Degree in an Electronic/Electrical Engineering discipline
• At least 10 years Industrial experience in a manufacturing business
• Production Engineering experience
• Electronic & Electrical design
• Project Management experience
• Excellent problem solver and decision maker
• Sound understanding of Quality Management Systems
• Ability to comprehend commercial pressures driving down cost and lead-time
• Sound understanding of PC operating systems
• Excellent root cause analysis methodology
• Expertise in 3D Modelling including Autodesk Inventor and Vault
• Understanding of sheet metal design and fabrication
• Expertise in Electro-mechanical systems for harsh environments
• Expertise in heat exchange systems