Streetworks Permitting & Traffic Management Administrator / CoordinatorLocation: Hayes, Middlesex
Date Posted: 14-06-2021
• To coordinate and manage the opening notice and permitting system and processes to ensure that all scheduled works are permitted in a timely and efficient manner (Transport for London Road Network and Council maintained).
• To assist the Installations Manager with works programming and scheduling.
• Entering information into works management systems and maintaining programmes.
• Compiling information and scheme packs in order to allow installation to take place.
• To assist with Traffic Management Plan proposals including liaising with Transport for London and various local authorities (in accordance with Chapter 8).
• Creation of temporary road traffic management drawings
• Coordinating on-site traffic management requirements in accordance with NRSWA
• Liaising with other installations team members
• Liaising with various councils/ local authorities and Transport for London on a regular basis regarding specification of works (reinstatement materials, traffic management, general requests prior to commencement of works).
• To assist with applications for bus stop suspensions and parking suspensions to allow all scheduled works to take place ensuring uninterrupted service delivery.
• To assist in collecting and collating performance data in relation to failure rates and defect notifications in preparation for meetings.
• Dealing with defects from New Road Street Works Act.
• Working in accordance with the New Road Street Works Act and Traffic Management Act.
• To ensure the Installations holiday planner is updated on a daily basis.
• General administration and office duties including creating and updating various spreadsheets, word processing, photocopying, scanning and filing.
• Hayes, Middlesex
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Previous experience in a similar role / civils environment is essential.
• Eton noticing, traffic management and knowledge of the New Road and Street Works Act is an advantage.
• Experience with Safety at street works and road works: a code of practice 2013
• Experience with CONE temporary road traffic management software desirable
• SMSTS / SSSTS desirable
• Good face-to-face, email and phone communication skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook competently.
• Full clean driving license preferred
• Excellent organizational, administration and communication skills are essential.
• To have a proactive approach to work at all times.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and to be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills.